What is coaching?
“Positive action through effectual conversation”
Coaching is a growing industry in Australia and offers individuals and organisations the opportunity to invest in their wellbeing by facilitating purposeful change, at both a personal and/or professional level.
At Sequoia Coaching, we work in close partnership with you to identify and pursue the changes that will enable you to live your life with passion and purpose. We believe that even small changes can make a significant difference to the quality of one’s life.
We provide an objective, supportive, interactive and energised environment for you to explore what drives you and what currently works well in your life, and from that platform – identify goals and take action.
What is the difference between counselling and coaching?
Coaching is recommended for people who want to clarify purpose and direction in their personal and/or professional lives. Counselling is recommended for people who are struggling with emotional issues that are impacting their ability to manage their day-to-day lives.
If a coach is concerned about a client’s psychological wellbeing it is good ethical practice to discuss the possibility of a referral for appropriate psychological support.
At Sequoia Coaching, we can work with you to:
- Clarify direction, personal values and purpose
- Make informed career choices utilising the Careers Fast Track career management system – www.careersfasttrack.com.au
- Manage personal and/or workplace relationships with confidence and agility
- Create sustainable, realistic life/work balance
- Develop resilience to bounce back from adverse effects of stress
- Improve management skills, in particular, communication and feedback skills
Benefits of choosing Sequoia Coaching:
- Complimentary introductory session by phone
- Personally tailored service and response
- Choice of face to face sessions or telephone coaching sessions, with offer to travel to your location
- Key point summary of each session emailed post session
- Follow up call, email or text message if requested for additional support to complete action plans
At Sequoia Coaching, the learning journey taken by client and coach provides opportunity for conversations of unique frankness, including feedback and insight people may never otherwise experience.
The Sequoia 5 + 5
The Sequoia Coaching model and approach are informed by:
5 core values:
- Commitment to human growth and fulfillment
- Compassion and respect for self and others
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Challenge for change
5 key principles:
- The client is resourceful
- The coach’s role is to surface that resourcefulness
- The client and coach work together as a team
- The client sets the agenda
- Coaching facilitates action